Rustbond & Rustbond FC
Rustbond and Rustbond FC are cross-linked penetrating primer/sealers with excellent wetting properties. They are highly flexible with good chemical and solvent resistance, and accept a variety of topcoats. Their excellent wetting properties allows them to penetrate rust and discontinuties in existing coatings and provide a firm anchorage for a variety of topcoats. Their thixotropic character reduces run off, ensuring that the edges of existing coatings are encapsulated thus reducing undercutting and peeling. They may also be used as a tie-coat for coatings that exceed their "recoat window".
- Universal primer and tie-coat
- Cures down to 35ºF (2ºC)
- Excellent adhesion to SSPC-SP 2 prepared steel, galvanizing, aluminum, stainless steel and copper
- Low stress, highly flexible film
- Extremely high solids
- Low odour
- Contains corrosion inhibitors
- Compatible with a variety of topcoats
- User friendly brush and roller application
- VOC compliant to current AIM regulations
- Recommended as a primer/sealer for marginally prepared steel and over old coatings.